Definition: All of the aforementioned choices. The phrases all of the above and its opposite phrase none of the above refer to options or choices which have been mentioned previously. People tend to use these phrases to express their approval or disapproval of a set of choices that has been provided to them.
What can I say instead of all the above?
- 1 atop, beyond, exceeding, higher than, on top of, over, upon.
- 2 before, beyond, exceeding, prior to, superior to, surpassing.
- 3 aloft, atop, in heaven, on high, overhead.
- 4 aforementioned, aforesaid, earlier, foregoing, preceding, previous, prior.
- 1 below, beneath, under, underneath.
What does love above all else mean?
DEFINITIONS1. used for referring to something that is more important than any of the other things you could mention. He will be remembered above all as a loving husband and family man. above all else: Above all else, the government must keep the promises it has made.
What does not above mean?
If someone is not above doing something, they are prepared to do it, even if it is something usually done by someone of a lower status, or even if it is wrong. I’m not above doing my own cleaning. He is not above telling a few white lies.
What is similar to above?
synonyms for above
Is all of the above an idiom?
Idiom: ‘All of the above’ Meaning: This idiom can be used to mean everything that has been said or written, especially all the choices or possibilities.
What is the synonyms of shouting?
- (or halloo also hallo),
How do you use above all?
taking everything together.
- Health and strength is above all gold.
- Above all, I love Mark Twain.
- The tall building towered above all the others.
- Love is, above all, the gift of oneself.
- He was above all a good and tireless writer.
- A faintly comic figure, he fears ridicule above all else.
What kind of phrase is above all?
You say above all to indicate that the thing you are mentioning is the most important point.
What does God above all else mean?
More than anything else, as in A winter hike calls for good equipment, but above all it requires careful planning. This phrase first appears in William Langland’s Piers Ploughman (1377), in which the narrator exhorts readers to love the Lord God above all.
What does it mean be above board?
in open sight; without tricks, concealment, or disguise: Their actions are open and aboveboard.
What does to be above mean?
To be above doing something is to consider yourself too important or too moral to do it: He’s not above lying to protect himself.
What does it mean if your above something?
20. In this context, the word above means better than. If someone is above doing something, they feel as though the activity in question is not up to their standards. It is also said that the activity a person is above is beneath them.
[KEY]What is another word for from above?[/KEY]
What is another word for above?
|overhead||at the top|
|high||in the air|
What is the opposite top?
Antonym of Top Word. Antonym. Top. Bottom. Get definition and list of more Antonym and Synonym in English Grammar.
Are by no means?
By-no-means meaning The definition of by no means is absolutely or definitely not. An example of by no means is how you might answer the question of whether you were late or not, if you were definitely on time. adverb.
[KEY]What does being at loggerheads with each other mean?[/KEY]
disagree very strongly If two or more people or groups are at loggerheads, they disagree very strongly with each other.
What is shouting in pain called?
1. Scream, shriek, screech apply to crying out in a loud, piercing way. To scream is to utter a loud, piercing cry, especially of pain, fear, anger, or excitement: to scream with terror.
What is a loud voiced person called?
Answer. Letters. + LOUD-voiced person with 7 Letters. STENTOR.
What is another word for shouting loudly?
What is another word for shout loudly?
Are at a loose end?
If you are at a loose end, you are bored because you do not have anything to do and cannot think of anything that you want to do. In American English, you usually say that you are at loose ends. Adolescents are most likely to get into trouble when they’re at a loose end.
What is the meaning of above average?
adjective. (also above average) us. higher or better than the usual amount or level: above-average pay/rate/income We believe in above-average pay to attract above-average people.
Is due to in a sentence?
Simple Example 1: The traffic jam was due to a terrible accident at the intersection. In the above-mentioned sentence, the phrase due to has been used to present the reason for the noun traffic jam. The reason for traffic jam, grammatically a noun entity, is a terrible accident.
What is the meaning alternatively?
Alternatively is defined as having or choosing another option.
How do you use above in a sentence?
- [S] [T] This is above me. (
- [S] [T] He lives above me. (
- [S] [T] She is certainly above forty. (
- [S] [T] He is above doing such a thing. (
- [S] [T] Tom lives in the room above us. (
- [S] [T] I saw the moon above the horizon. (
- [S] [T] Above all, you must help each other. (
- [S] [T] Apes rank above dogs in intelligence. (
[KEY]Why is Jesus above all?[/KEY]
In the book of Philippians 2, verse 9, God has given Jesus a name that is above every name — that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow. The world is not worried about Jesus any more. We kill ourselves trying to make a living, looking for peace of mind in pills, puffing for popularity, pushing our way to power.
What does before all else mean?
The acronym means Before Anything Else. Exemple: I love you, bae. Wirk v. A culture of internet only jobs has coined the phrase Wirk. Wirk describes both full time and part time internet work.
What does all else mean?
1 in addition; more. there is nobody else here.