- other side.
What are alternatives examples?
Alternative is defined as something that does not conform to existing or mainstream standards. Acupuncture is an example of an alternative medical treatment. An alternative is defined as an option. Corn as a side dish to an entree is an example of an alternative.
How do you write alternative sentences?
Alternative sentence example
- He had to make alternative arrangements.
- He had no alternative but to leave.
- I guess the alternative was worse.
- An alternative method of going public is to merge with a company that is already public.
- The back door was too far away for her rubbery legs, and the only alternative was the sink.
Can you explain alternative?
a choice limited to one of two or more possibilities, as of things, propositions, or courses of action, the selection of which precludes any other possibility: You have the alternative of riding or walking. one of the things, propositions, or courses of action that can be chosen: The alternative to riding is walking.
What is alternative in English grammar?
“Alternate” (as a verb) means to follow one another by turns. Example: Please alternate the colored pages. “Alternate” (as a noun) means a substitute or second for another person. Example: I am the alternate committee member. “Alternative” means a choice between two things.
What is alternative relationship?
Long story short is that alternative relationships are any relationship outside the monogamy ‘norm. ‘ They take a wide variety of forms, including but not limited to consensual nonmonagomy, polyamory, swinging, and being in an open relationship.
How do you rephrase a sentence?
These are four tricks you can apply to help you do so.
- Start your first sentence at a different point from that of the original source.
- Use synonyms (words that mean the same thing)
- Change the sentence structure (e.g. from active to passive voice)
- Break the information into separate sentences.
What is appropriate alternative?
Some common synonyms of appropriate are apt, felicitous, fitting, fit, happy, meet, proper, and suitable.
How do you use alternate in a sentence?
His group was forced to turn back and take an alternate route.
- Wet days alternate with fine days.
- That was a week of alternate rain and sunshine.
- The service runs on alternate days.
- Stretch up 30 times with alternate arms as a warm-up exercise.
- This is an alternate plan.
- He and I clean our room on alternate days.
What is the meaning of alternative answer?
3 adj Alternative is used to describe something that is different from the usual things of its kind, or the usual ways of doing something, in modern Western society. For example, an alternative lifestyle does not follow conventional ways of living and working. ADJ n (Antonym: conventional)
What is alternatives in case study?
Alternatives open to the decision maker, which may or may not be stated in the case. Conclusion: sets up the task, any constraints or limitations, and the urgency of the situation.
What is the difference between alternative and alternate?
‘Alternative’ means there are two (although some writers now use ‘alternatives’ for more than two) choices. ‘Alternate’ is the act of going between these choices, states or actions. Remember, ‘alternate’ is typically an action of switching between states, while ‘alternative’ is another word for ‘choice’ or ‘option’.
What does Antiphlogistic mean?
adjective. acting against inflammation or fever. noun. an antiphlogistic agent.
How do I check for alternatives on my updates?
To see the full alternatives (including slaves), use the –display option: tux > sudo update-alternatives –display java java – auto mode link best version is /usr/lib64/jvm/jre-1.8.
How do I get rid of alternatives?
- Remove the link from /etc/alternatives.
- Remove the relevant file from the admin directory. /var/lib/dpkg/alternatives/ on ubuntu (debian may be the same but check the man pages under the FILES section) /var/lib/alternatives/ on CentOS 6&7.
What is alternative way of learning?
Alternative learning methods are ways of highlighting the ways in which a student learns best. This may be an issue of how the information is absorbed, or it may be a structure through which the information is interrelated.
What is the meaning of alternative learning?
: an educational program or system that is separate from a mainstream educational program or system and that is designed especially for students with academic or behavioral difficulties Gov.
What is the purpose of Alternative Learning System?
The Alternative Learning System for Differently-Abled Persons (ALS-DAP) is a project which aims to deliver Basic Literacy Program to the special/differently-abled children/OSYs/adults, e.g., hearing impaired learners who have not availed of/have no access to the formal school system through specialized approaches, e.g.
What are the alternatives to marriage?
Fortunately, there are numerous alternatives to legal marriage including common law, domestic partnership, and cohabitation agreements. Each option offers some (but not all) of the benefits of traditional marriage and has advantages and disadvantages.
What is an alternative community?
A section of a society in which people adopt a lifestyle different from the mainstream, perceived as being unconventional, less materialistic, and often more natural.
How do you live as an alternative lifestyle?
How can I live an alternative lifestyle?
- Ignore mainstream culture and go find your alternative community.
- Lose your religion, then go find it again.
- Reset the default heterosexuality assumption and maintain your sexual freedom.
- Become conscious of your body and what you are eating.
What is an alt boy?
An “alt boy” is a rebellious male teenager or young man who dresses in a non-traditional way. Alt boys do not conform to typical masculine expectations and usually have colorful dyed hair, piercings, and wear eye makeup. The term is primarily used on the social network TikTok.
What are the effects of alternative lifestyle?
The Effects of Alternative Lifestyles
- Social Misunderstanding. If you chose to live an alternative lifestyle, whatever that lifestyle may be, others may not understand your choices and often won’t make an effort to understand your point of view.
- Unequal Treatment.
- Legal Troubles.
- Social Change.