Accolade sentence example
- It was the biggest accolade in the industry.
- The New York awards are the media industry’s highest accolade .
- Surely he now has earned the accolade “master.”
- Despite having won this industry accolade , I have absolutely no intention of resting on my laurels.
What does Acalaides mean?
1a : a mark of acknowledgment : award received the highest accolade of his profession. b : an expression of praise a movie that has drawn accolades from both fans and critics.
Are accolades earned?
The thing is, you have to earn it. No matter what form it takes, an accolade is essentially an expression of commendation. Actually, there’s a specific type of ceremony that’s especially associated with the word accolade: the bestowing of knighthood.
Can you use accolade as a verb?
accolade used as a verb: To embrace or kiss in salutation. To confer a knighthood on.
What is an example of an accolade?
The definition of an accolade is something given to a person in order to praise or recognize the person or his accomplishment. An example of accolade would be a thumbs-up review of a play. An expression of approval; praise.
What do you call a person with many awards?
An accolade is an award, honor, or instance of positive acknowledgment or praise. The adjective accoladed can be used to describe a person who has received many accolades, but the term is rarely used. The word accolade is also used in a few technical ways in the context of music and architecture.
What is the best accolade that an ideal teacher deserve?
What is the best accolade that an ideal teacher deserve? Ans: An ideal teacher has a good sense of humour/smiles. But this fun is not of impolite nature. An ideal teacher has the highest degree of integrity.
What is a great accolade?
accolade in American English anything done or given as a sign of great respect, approval, appreciation, etc. b. [usually pl.] words of praise. 4.
What does give teammate accolade mean?
Revealed over on the official PlayStation 5 website yesterday, accolades function as a way of players giving “other players positive accolades to encourage or congratulate other contenders on a multiplayer match well played.” Your accolades will be displayed on your PSN profile, signalling to others whether you’re a
How do you use an accolade in a compound sentence?
Accolade in a Sentence 🔉
- When the police officer was offered the plaque, he refused to accept an accolade for doing his job.
- During the monthly meeting, the company president will present an accolade to the employee of the month.
- The Medal of Honor is the highest accolade a soldier can win.
How do you get accolades on PS5?
How to send an accolade on PS5 consoles
- After you finish playing an online multiplayer match, follow the instructions on the screen. The Give Accolade screen appears.
- Choose a player to send an accolade to. Select an accolade to send.
- Your accolade is sent.
Is Accoladed a word?
adjective. That has received the accolade of knighthood; knighted, dubbed. Also: honoured with an accolade of praise or distinction.
[KEY]What is an academic accolade?[/KEY]
1. accolade – a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction; “an award for bravery” honor, laurels, award, honour. trophy, prize – something given as a token of victory.
How do you say thank you for accolades?
I’m glad the project was a success and I enjoyed being part of it.” “Thank you so much! I appreciate your recognition. I had a great time working on the project and with the team.”
How do you use acumen in a sentence?
Acumen sentence example
- Capable lawyers with business acumen are valuable to any firm.
- Had he possessed the financial acumen to go with his engineering brilliance, he would have made a fortune.
- There was acumen displayed by our chairman.
- He has the acumen to make sound business decisions.
How do you use ephemeral in a sentence?
Ephemeral sentence example
- New words are constantly being coined, some will prove ephemeral , others are here to stay.
- The civic reaction was an example of the ephemeral nature of the public’s interest.
- Concentrate on remembering the ephemeral moments which will be the most precious 20 years from now.
What is the name of a person who gives?
donator. someone who gives money or goods to an organization, especially one that helps people. The usual word is donor.
What to say to someone who wins an award?
- “Congratulations on your well-deserved success.”
- “Heartfelt congratulations to you.”
- “Warmest congratulations on your achievement.”
- “Congratulations and best wishes for your next adventure!”
- “So pleased to see you accomplishing great things.”
How do you write multi award winning?
Either stick to simply ‘award-winning’ (which often implies that more than one award has been won). Or use ‘has won multiple awards. ‘ or go “multiple award-winning” because then you have a full word instead of something requiring additional punctuation.
Who is ideal student?
An ideal student is one who has the qualities of respect, love, self-discipline, self-control, faith, concentration, truthfulness, conviction, strength and firm determination.
What are the qualification of an ideal teacher?
Some qualities of a good teacher include skills in communication, listening, collaboration, adaptability, empathy and patience. Other characteristics of effective teaching include an engaging classroom presence, value in real-world learning, exchange of best practices and a lifelong love of learning.
What characteristics should an ideal teacher have?
What Makes a Great Teacher
- expert communication skills.
- superior listening skills.
- deep knowledge and passion for their subject matter.
- the ability to build caring relationships with students.
- friendliness and approachability.
- excellent preparation and organization skills.
- strong work ethic.
- community-building skills.
What is an accolade in Cold War?
An accolade is an award.
Who can be accolade?
Eligibility. Team members, spouses, domestic partners and dependents enrolled in the Core, Standard, High Cost Coverage, PPO 80 and PPO 90 medical options can take advantage of all the benefits of Accolade.
How do you use grandiloquent in a sentence?
Grandiloquent in a Sentence 🔉
- Even though Rick did not understand the grandiloquent words, he still used them to impress his wealthy friends.
- The city girl’s grandiloquent talk was confusing to the people in the country town.
How do you use aesthetic in a sentence?
Aesthetic in a Sentence 🔉
- Our aesthetic enjoyment of the art show was increased by the presence of the open bar.
- Because Henry could see both the mountains and the ocean from his hotel room, he really enjoyed the aesthetic view.
- Would you mind giving me your aesthetic opinion of my new handbag?
What is the plural of accolade?
accolade. plural. accolades. DEFINITIONS1. an honour given to someone for their work.
Can you get communities on PS5?
The impending shutdown of the Communities feature follows the discontinuation earlier this month, of rental and movie purchases via the PlayStation Store, applicable for all current versions of the gaming console: PS4, PS4 Pro and PS5.